Thursday, February 19, 2009

Excuses, Excuses

So, I think I have some legitimate excuses for my lack of blogging. Yes, first of all, I am 39 weeks today. So, I have been tired and all that stuff, and I've been trying to get stuff done around the house.

Speaking of which, we're in a house and not a convenient one floor apartment, so that means that when Rachel does something that I would love to have on camera, I find that the camera is 1 or 2 floors away, and being all big and cumbersome does not inspire me to get up and get the camera.

Lastly, Rachel is back in the habit of jumping up from whatever she is doing to see the pictures. Oh joy. So, I figure, even if I did get up and get the camera that is upstairs or downstairs, the odds of actually getting the picture are slim to none, so I just can't muster the energy.

So, those are my excuses for going a week w/out blogging. I'm sure I'll be even more sporadic in the coming weeks w/ the birth of.......well, you'll just have to wait until she's born to hear the name;-) We are scheduled for 9AM on 2/26, so we will have news of her arrival in a week or less....since she has the next 6 days to stop playing around w/ the contractions she's given me for the past 3+ weeks that aren't going anywhere and get to working her way out. We're very excited and I'm counting down the days!

Here's a random picture that provides evidence that Rachel wants to see the pics.....note the blurriness of the feet - it's b/c she was moving. She was sitting on the couch reading Moose a Muffin or Mouse a Cookie (she loves both of these books!) and looking all cute in her preppy polo shirt and khakis, but nope, she wasn't interested in sitting still.

1 comment:

Nanna & Pop Pop said...

I can't wait to be with her. What a cutie!!