Yes, you heard me correctly....we had snow in DC this winter. Wonders never cease. Granted, it was only like 2 inches before it turned into.....of course, the usual rain. That's okay, we still pretty much shut down anyway. It's what we do around here. Sometimes, the simple threat of snow or freezing rain can shut us down.
At any rate, Ben was quite excited that it snowed. I smiled about it....I mean really, what am I going to do - go lay my 9 month pregnant self out there in the snow and make snow angels? I wouldn't be able to get back up and the neighbors would certainly be either laughing outright at me or laughing at me from behind their blinds. And then there's the little issue of not having anything waterproof to wear that would actually fit me, but let's not go there. As it is, I'm sure the neighbors thought Big Bird was in our back yard, since I was wearing a big yellow fleece that used to be Ben's back in college. Maybe if our next baby is due in the winter, I will make the splurge and buy a maternity coat. But for now, I'll be okay....I mean we have less than a month to go - why spend the money now?!?!?!
Anywho, Ben left work early so he could take Rachel out in the snow. She's been wary of the snow in the past, but this time, she loved it. She loved it so much, she broke down and cried when it was time to come in for supper. She would have stayed out there longer if we would have let her, and honestly, the only thing she had to play w/ other than Ben and the snow, was a broom! The poor kid doesn't own any outside winter toys....I mean, we live in DC - we don't get snow.
What I personally love about her snow outfit is that the only thing that I purchased for her was the hat and the mittens! Of course, hand-me-downs don't always match (as is the case here), but her cuteness shines through, and she was so happy to be wearing them! Literally, a friend at church just gave us the snow pants and boots the Sunday night before the snowfall - what impeccable timing! And thanks to her Aunt Kelly, she had a winter coat this year too;-)

Watching her Daddy valiantly trying to make her a snowman.....

Leaning a little to the right to see if that made it a little bigger:-) In his defense, the snow didn't pack at all....at least from what I could see, cuz it's not like I touched it or anything!

Daddy and his little girl....what a good Daddy...he's always willing to get down and play w/ his little girl and make things fun for her - even if his one boot had a big ole hole in it!
2 comments:
Come on home, we still have plenty here:-) If I could, I would send you enough for your backyard. We would still have snow left, and there is more on the way. Looking forward to coming to DC, and I am hoping (sorry Ben and Rachel) that it will not be snowing:-)
Love, Nanna
NEWS FLASH: THE SUN CAME OUT YESTERDAY!
I figured if snow was a big deal down there, then sun is a big deal up here. We didn't cancel anything for the sun, though. I am sure if some of our patients could get away with it, they would!! "Can't some in for my appointment - the sun is too bright!"
Post a Comment