Sunday, February 22, 2009

Rachel is so excited to see Ben when he gets home from work. She excitedly waves at him from the big front window when she sees him pull up in his car. He has even taught her to say, "Daddy's car....bling, bling!" I'm glad he likes that '99 Passat of his:-)

So, let's just say that on the 2 days/ week that I work, my reception goes like this: Rachel initially gets a big grin and waves at me from the window. I walk in and excitedly greet her, and then she starts to run around uncontrollably and then start to cry, and then say, mommy hold you, hold you. More fussing ensues....sometimes discipline, etc, etc.

Ben pulls in, and Rachel talks about his bling, bling car (not the family Explorer that has cheerios, toys, receipts and other items trashing it up - I am partly to blame for the mess), waves at him, and happily greets him at the door.

She also calls out for him before he gets home. I respond that Daddy is at work, and now she repeats what I had told her before "nope, just Mommy here!" I can't be upset....I'm quite positive I said it to her first and now she's just repeating it back to me, but to hear it repeated brings out the indignant, "Yup, just Mommy....the one who carried you for almost 42 weeks, gave birth to you, and then fed you and wah, wah, wah!" I of course laugh instead....since she is pretty stinking cute and I really don't mind. I am very happy that Rachel has a sweet Daddy who loves to get down and play with her.

Here she is w/ her Super Daddy:-)

No comments: