Thursday, February 12, 2009

Mind of a Toddler

Rachel keeps the two of us laughing. Right now, I'm laughing at her (inwardly of course) b/c she's standing over the cat, and his eyes are like saucers. I'm sure he's praying that he would be able to just lay down on the carpet in peace. She ran away from him, but his ears are still back. I think he's scared of her.....she does boss him around. Who knows, maybe she'll be the one to tame the beast.

Anywho, last night, due to my long day and headache, we got some pizza. I think Rachel has seen the red Pizza Hut box like 2x before. That's it. And the last time we got pizza was over a month ago. But, I ran out to pick it up, and she and Ben were in the front yard when I pulled back in the driveway. When she saw the red box, her eyes lit up, and she said, "ooh, piiizzzzaaa!!!!!" And then she turned around and hightailed it into the house the rest of the way - all while wagging her head back and forth in excitement.

Then, during supper, which she happily chowed down on (I mean, she likes a piece of pizza, but she definitely can't put it away like her cousin, AnaGrace can!), we let her finish her milk out of her sippy cup w/out the lid. I let her drink from open cups here and there, but it is definitely she considers a fun time. When we gave the open cup back to her, her face lit up, and she said (seriously, she said this!), "I too happy!" Ben and I couldn't keep the laughter back.

It's good to know that it's the little things in life that can bring smiles.....it's eating pizza and being able to drink milk from an open cup that brings smiles and happiness. I hope I remember to be this way....to enjoy the little blessings each and every day and not get so caught up in everything else that's going on.

1 comment:

Lisa said...

What fun! It sounds like a great evening for Rachel. We could learn a lot from toddler enthusiasm!