Thursday, February 5, 2009

Funny Story

So, Ben and I were working w/ our lawyer on estate planning the other night….one of those tasks that we kept putting off until we knew that we really needed to be adults at some point or another. The lawyer is running down some basics on our information – filled out the kids’ names, etc, and then he asks, “Do we know if Jill has any special needs yet?”

I thought he might be asking about Rachel, but at this point, the lawyer-ese speak had put me into a little bit of a zone and I was hungry – bad combo. Ben was pretty confidant that he meant Rachel, so he’s trying not to laugh at this point and give out a smart aleck comment that could get him smacked by his wife in front of the lawyer.

So, I respond in a confused state (cuz clearly I’m having a special needs moment!), “Ummm, I don’t think we understand the question….” Lawyer then realizes his mistake and jokes that perhaps the lawyer has some special needs.
Both of us laughed about this one a bit on the ride home….maybe Ben laughed a little too much, but for those that really know Ben and his jokester side, you know what I had to put up w/ on our ride home:-)

No comments: