We had a great time in PA this weekend. Ben, Rachel and I traveled up to Bloomsburg Thursday night. I think 3 day weekends are the new prerequisite for traveling with kids! It's a little tough because we want to try to see everyone, but at the same time, we try to keep a quasi-sense of normal for Rachel. I don't think we ever really achieved either of those:-)
So, here's a little re-cap of our weekend. On Friday, we first went down to the Renno house to see their family and the newest addition to the family. Here's Kelly, Ben, Rachel, and AnaGrace (the newest addition to the family).

And here's a proud grandma....with her two youngest grandchildren....

Then,we went down to Frackville to see my Mom at work. She had a lot of fun showing Rachel to her co-workers, and then going out to lunch with us....mmm curly fries at Arbies.....good stuff:) Then, Ben went skiing with his brother and some friends. Personally, I think it's crazy to ski in 20 degree weather, but then again, I tend to often think it's crazy to ski. One of these days, I will get back out on the slopes again! While Ben was skiing, I went down to my parents house, and we celebrated my brothers 29th birthday. Happy Birthday Sean!

And here's my mom spending some quality time with Rachel....she tried to escape from the picture, but I reminded her that I want to have pictures of the two of them together:-)

So, that was Friday:-) Then, on Saturday, we were able to chill out a little.....make a birthday cake for DaniRae's 4th birthday! Actually, Grandma made it, I pretty much just put in my 2 cents here and there. But I think she missed her calling:-) DaniRae loved the cake!

Then, we went to the party...DaniRae was so cute. She was so excited and happy:-) Here's a great picture of the four cousins....

And here's Rachel and AnaGrace checking each other out.....I think next time the two of them get together again, their sizes will be a little more in proportion to each other:-)

On Sunday, we went to church with the family. I put Rachel in the nursery again this week...since she was the only baby in the nursery, it really wasn't too tough:-) Then after a delicious chicken parmesan meal, Ben, Rachel, and I made the trek back down to D.C. It felt really good to be home again....although we miss seeing everyone!
Here's one last picture of Rachel taken this weekend....she was napping on her "throne":-)
3 comments:
jill, it was so neat to see a pic of your brother & mother... haven't seen - them - or you in a few many years :-)
jennifer (mitchell)
It was so good to see you three:-) We're so thankful to see our little Rachel and cherish every moment with her. We know family is so important to you. Thanks so much for trying to squeeze us all in. It's hectic for you, we know, but we all love you three and look forward to being with you!! Can't wait for our next visit:-)
Love, Nanna
What a fun weekend!
Post a Comment