Ben loves the snow. I don't hate the snow, but I've never been a huge fan. It always seemed like snow shut down the fun activities when I was younger. For instance, basketball practice was never affected, but the games were always canceled or postponed due to weather. If I had plans to finally go out w/ friends, it always seemed to snow. After I outgrew the ability to overlook the wetness and coldness of the fluffy stuff and lost the interest in playing in it, I guess I started to look at snow as something that put a damper on my plans.
At some point after being married to Ben, I've stopped being fazed by the snow. Maybe it's b/c we live in the D.C. area and snow isn't that common so when it does come, I have a better appreciation for it. And it's definitely uncommon to get as much snow as we're getting right now. Maybe it's b/c in the city life, snow makes everything that much prettier. It also helps that we have a nice 4WD vehicle w/ stores less than a mile away. In fact, we could walk to the grocery store if need be (and if it's open). Yes, people are not so hot w/ the driving in weather conditions skills in this area, but I guess you win some and you lose some.
Our little family celebrated Christmas this morning. We spend Christmas Eve and Christmas Day w/ our extended families, so this year, we had our own little Christmas at home. Ben hardly slept at all last night....he was very excited for the snow. He's checked outside a few times to take pictures of the snow progression. He and Rachel even spent some time shoveling snow (I think shoveling snow was his excuse to get out in the snow). It's been a really nice day, and the snow has made it especially sweet. I find I enjoy the snow a lot from the comfort of being indoors....w/ my cup of coffee next to me and maybe even a Christmas cookie. I did take Naomi out on the front porch.....for about 5 minutes or less.
Last night, we got the foundation layer.
Then, around 9/9:30 this morning, this was our view:
At 11:30, the Explorer was covered a bit more:

About an hour or so after Ben cleaned off the Passat, it looked like this:

And the steady rate of falling snow that you see in this picture (taken about 3+ hours ago) is the way the snow has been falling all day.

1 comment:
Wow!!! We're the ones who usually have all that snow. I'm happy for Ben and certainly understand how you feel:-) I'm sure Rachel will love being pulled on a sled by her Daddy.
Post a Comment