Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Christmas Cookies!

Two things that I usually avoid each year: sending cards and baking cookies. I don't know why, but I've only had a few, sporadic years where I enjoyed either activity. But, this year, I had an urge to bake cookies w/ Rachel. She really loves to bake with me, and I do actually like to bake. I don't love to cook, but I do like to bake. Baking lasts for a while - especially w/ the use of a freezer. But cooking only lasts for that meal, and then you have to do it again the next day.

We really had a fun time together. We baked cookies together at least 3 times this year. I don't know how I'll feel about it next year, but I'm glad I did it this year. As for the Christmas cards, well, they're ordered, but who knew Snapfish would take 4 days to process...and then w/ 2 day shipping and a snowy weekend, it looks like my cards won't go out until the 22nd......and I ordered them on the 14th (not early but not that late!). Oh well. This may be why I don't send Christmas cards.
Whenever we bake together, Rachel, for some unknown reason, likes to eat flour.
Me: Rachel, don't eat that - that's flour.
Rachel: Mmm, yummy.
Me: Rachel, flour is not good.
Rachel: Yes it is.
Me: No it's not.
Rachel: Yes it is.
Sigh. It's like having a conversation w/ Elf....and it felt like she was popping cottonballs in her mouth.
So happy when I gave her a cookie...she didn't seem to notice that it was one of the rejects.
So happy, not sure where to start!
I don't know how chocolate made it to her forhead......guess it went w/ the flour all over her face:-)
Sweet chocolate-y smiles:-)






1 comment:

Lisa said...

You're such a fun mom! Kathryn doesn't know that Christmas and baking are supposed to go together. Don't tell her, okay?