Apparently, the babydoll umbrella strollers that sell for about $7 at ToysRUs aren't made to hold 35 pound toddlers. Amazingly, the metal frame hasn't folded from the weight. However, the fabric on the side of the stroller began to show some distress. This morning, I was helping Rachel clean up her toys from one of her stash locations (the bins on her little table hold a collection and her little house in the basement boasts the other collection). I think she started stashing when Naomi became mobile. But anywho, I digress.
So, as I was cleaning up, I noticed that the fabric on the storller no longer stayed attached to the frame b/c it had ripped. My first thought was that we need to buy a new stroller for her, but then, I looked at it, and thought, "Ok, if I sew it, it will look bad, but it's a $7 dollar doll stroller, who cares?"
And, if I hadn't done that, I would have missed hearing her chat w/ her babydoll. She laid her on the ground next to us and told her that everything's okay and that she's fixing the stroller for her. She shushed her a few times and kept talking about how we're fixing the stroller. It was so sweet.
Plus, another bonus is that she probably would have wanted to keep both strollers - seeing that she stashes things. So, I would have had two junky doll strollers around the house - one that worked and one that didn't. And hopefully, I taught her and reminded myself a life lesson.....that's it's good to fix what we can and not run out and buy a replacement just b/c we can. Sometimes I forget that, so I was glad to be reminded of it. Thankfully, my sewing job wasn't totally horrible either.
1 comment:
Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww. That is so special. Thanks for sharing this life lesson:-)
Post a Comment