Monday, December 14, 2009

Orlando

Ben and I had a great trip to Orlando. We went the first week of December....tagging on a mini vacation to his conference for work. It was a much needed time of relaxing and rest. Big thanks to my parents for watching the girls that week. They may have had fun, but I know how tiring it is to care for two kids.
Aside from swimming, shopping, going to the spa, playing games, beating Ben at air hockey, and playing tennis, we got in a round of golf. I hadn't been out on the golf course in at least 5 years. Despite my lack of experience, I had a lot of fun playing golf w/ Ben. He was a great teacher, and I didn't embarrass either of us out on the course. It was really a great afternoon. Hopefully, we'll get to go together again in the near future. Somebody's ball landed in a bunker (I really shouldn't trash talk!).
Marriott treated us nicely at the Faldo Institute!
We had a lot of fun at The Melting Pot. There's one in the DC area, but w/ finding a sitter for the kids back here, it was easier and more cost effective to go in Orlando. We had a blast. Who knew cooking your own food at a restaurant could be so much fun. Dessert was divine. Absolutely divine.

2 comments:

Nanna & Pop Pop said...

We're so thankful to have been able to take care of Rachel and Naomi. It was truly a blessing. We are also thankful that you were able to get away for a bit. You both looked so refreshed when you got back!

Lisa said...

I am impresses that you got away before Naomi's first birthday! Well done!