Friday, October 31, 2008

And So It Begins.....

"Ooooh, when are you due?"

me: "February"

"Giiirrrl, you have twins in there?????"

me: "Nope, just one, but thanks!"

"No, I'm just sayin, cuz my sister had twins and she looked just like you! And you're carrying low and round." (I kid you not - she said round, and yes, it was a she....most inappropriate pregnancy comments come from females)

me: "Nope, just one......I just grow them big apparently."

3 comments:

Fritz Gang said...

Yep...been there... I was never the cute pregnant person. I was always the gain 60lbs and have everyone (epecially people I would see every day) say "You look like you are having twins? Are you sure one isn't hiding?" I always said if I heard one more person say such things, I was going to literally hit them. I kept my cool...but let me tell you, not only was I VERY uncomfortable but also VERY annoyed and disgusted at the inappropraite comments. At least after I had the baby...everyone said how skinny I was (which I wasn't but after looking like a blimp...I must have looked skinny to them).

The Hamilton Family said...

It just cracks me up that females are the ones who typically say inappropriate things when I'm pregnant.....they're also the ones that touch the belly. I don't mind people I know (usually) touching my belly, but c'mon, strangers?!?!?! It's like the sight of a pregnant woman causes most people to lose any tact and they say the first thing that comes to mind. Oh well. At least this time, I'm a little more prepared and I don't really care or take it to heart that much. I know it's temporary and for a good cause, and it even makes me laugh. W/ Rachel, I didn't find the comments that funny, but w/ this girlie, I'm able to laugh it off a bit more.

Lisa said...

People are ridiculous. I was always encouraged to gain more weight at my appointments, but people on the street still asked if I was having twins, when I was due, and the like. The lady in the rental office was the worst, and would say things like "That's going to be a big baby!" Actually, perhaps Kathryn was the worst when she started calling me "Big Momma" towards the end. I think they just feel like they have to acknowledge the pregnancy and they don't know what to say so they say something rude instead. For the record, I think you look great and I can't wait to meet the little one!!