Thursday, October 23, 2008

What's New.....

Things have been pretty calm around here lately. Rachel decided to wake up a little after 5AM Monday morning....not sure what's up w/ this early morning thing lately. Hopefully, it disappears soon. I got some really good snuggles from her for about 2 hours, but she would not go back to sleep. Needless to say, around 8:30 AM (when I had to leave for work), she was falling a part from being overtired. Thankfully, I had some caffeine that helped me not fall a part:-)

Other than these random early morning days, Ben and I have just been enjoying her so much. We both have commented on how "squishy" and "huggable" she is lately. She's also very interactive and tries to follow through on directions we give her (other than go back to sleep). She loves the moon.....cries when it disappears behind trees. Makes evening trips delightful.....it's sometimes a little difficult to explain the concept that moon is still there but trees/building are just covering it.....it's a little lost on a toddler.

Tuesday, I took her for a walk along the GW Parkway. I wish I took my camera. She was so funny. She loves airplanes, cars, boats, trains, fire engines, and helicopters. Things that go are her favorites right now. Oh, and buses are great too. Well, walking by the Reagan Airport, she got her fill of planes landing (along w/ views of boats on the Potomac, helicopters flying in the city, horns beeping and sirens blowing on the parkway, and a cargo train and metro headed into the city), since they were landing to the south. Ben was jealous that he had to be at work (Ben loves watching the planes land). She started watching them w/ her hands partly over her eyes and looking through her hands at the plane. She really loved them, but they are so loud and low (since they're about to land). She also giggled at people running and shook her hands up and down.....I guess she was trying to mimic the movement they were making.

In other kids news, this second daughter of ours is a mover! She does some amazing acrobats. Rachel did NOT move this much. I've been feeling a lot of movement....it's increased over the past 4 weeks. At my doctor's appointment last week, they had a hard time getting the heartbeat b/c she was moving so much. They even commented that this was a lot of movement for a girl. I'm definitely feeling some strong kicks and punches throughout the day and night. In fact, the times when I lay down w/ Rachel during her early morning stunts, both girls are super squirmy. Rachel flips her head and body to a new position every 20-30 seconds and the baby rolls around constantly. Perhaps she's already becoming territorial about her time w/ mommy.....that or we are about to have a very active child on our hands;-)

Well, that's about it for now....maybe I'll capture some more pictures over the next few days....we'll see how it goes;-)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

NJ has been waking up at the 6am mark lately, when he usually sleeps till 7:30/8. I figured that it was his normal sleep transition but when he didn't go back to sleep, I got out of bed to find that the house was freezing! I set the thermostat at 70 but upped it to about 72 and he was asleep in a minute, whether it was the heat or the soothing sound of the heater, I don't know. But I know that NJ's room might get cooler b/c his door is shut and isn't "in tune" with the temp of the rest of the apt.

Benjamin Hamilton said...

Yeah, we have a problem regulating the temperature in Rachel's room too....the whole shutting the door has its drawbacks....meanwhile I'm too toasty at night!

~Jill