Monday, October 13, 2008

It's A......

Girl! That's right, Rachel is getting a little baby sister in February! We're excited. The girls will be a little over 2 years a part, and hopefully, over the years, they'll become friends.

The ultrasound appointment wasn't as fun as I would have liked it to be........baby girl decided to keep looking down and not provide any face shots (but I did see clearly that she's a girl!), Rachel bawled the whole time.....she either laid (sp?) on me and cried on my head or she squirmed in Ben's arms while crying, oh, and they were at least 1/2 hour late to begin the appointment. It put us in a really great mood for a 3 and 1/2 hour trip to PA;-) I guess I thought that this was going to be a family bonding experience. I believe Ben heard the heartbeat, but I don't think he saw much. Rachel was too scared to look at anything. And I had to get up 2-3 times so that the technician could try to get a better look at things. Thankfully, the first time I had to get up, I got to empty the 32 ounces of water out of my bladder that I had to drink for the appointment.

But, everything seems healthy. I was able to understand what I was looking at a whole lot better this time around, and if they send me in for anther ultrasound appointment, I think I'll either do it by myself or do it on a day when both of us work and I have a sitter lined up for Rachel. Rachel's Aunt Kelly did tell me about her ultrasound appointment w/ AnaGrace, and hers was worse. So, I did get a good laugh at least and had the ability to relate a little bit;-)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

"Hopefully" be friends? Are you kidding, you have a BFF for Big Sister Rachel in the making! Congrats!!

Erin said...

Congratulations! Two little girls will be so much fun...for the first 10-12 years at least :-)