Thursday, October 9, 2008

Enjoying the Fruit of the Library

I loved the library as a kid.....still do. I'm trying to instill that love in Rachel, and so far, she has been enjoying it. Thanks to Rachel's Aunt Kelly and Nana, I've had some really great guidance for kids book......especially w/ the purchase of Honey for a Child's Heart by Gladys Hunt. I wasn't as tickled w/ her Honey for a Woman's Heart, but I've still found value in it in making book selections. I've actually liked searching for older kid's books in her Honey for a Child's Heart and reading those....some are quite timeless, and I figure it prepares me for guiding Rachel's reading when she gets older.

For now, our favorite author is Lois Ehlert.....great illustrations and simple sentances on each page that really work for Rachel. She loves looking through them herself....especially Planting a Rainbow. She asks for "rainbow" a lot and then names all the colors......and the colors of the flowers are pretty vibrant.

Here's our Rae of Sunshine enjoying her library books......even w/ a cheesy smile. And oh, I have to comment on this 2 dollar outfit. I snagged this shirt at the outlets back in the spring for 2 bucks at an OshKosh super outlet. And, the pants were hand-me-downs from a sweet family in our church. The shoes were from Grandma, so I won't count them into the total dollar amount;-) Rachel does love her pink and brown stride rites though....especially since she needs them a bit on the wide side!

No comments: