It goes something like this: "Thwap" (her hand smacked against my chin) "Gentle, Rachel....you need to be gentle w/ Mommy"....."Thwap" (her hand smacked my nose and then headed to poke my eye)......"Rachel, be gentle....like this" (I try to show her what gentle is)......"Thwap"....ok, time for something else to occupy her interest b/c Mommy is taking a beating!
So, I've been hanging around every time she is playing with Puma....just b/c I'm nervous that he'll get mad and bite her or scratch her. Granted, he'll probably only have to do it once for her to get the message, but I'd like her to learn how to play w/ him nicely. Plus, Puma has been pretty good about either just laying there and taking her swipes at his paws, tail, ears, face, etc until he's had enough and then he just walks away. We try to commend him for this....as we do for her when she's actually gentle. Perhaps some day, I can continue on w/ what I'm doing when the cat is in a good mood and walks by Rachel and flops down. For now, I'll continue to go into alert mode.

1 comment:
What a cute picture! We sooo want Kathryn to like animals, but they kind of freak her out at this point...probably because we don't have a pet. As for "gentle," we practice that with Kathryn's Dolly. We figure Dolly can take a hit for the team so that mom and dad don't have to!
Post a Comment