Wednesday, June 6, 2007

Fun Times in Hot-lanta

Ben had a conference in Atlanta....leaving Wednesday afternoon and returning Monday evening.....which means he would have been gone for our 5 year anniversary. So, he had the great idea for Rachel and me to come along. We figured it would be a good experience...test out flying and traveling w/ her when we only have to pay for 1 ticket. She wasn't too bad. I mean, we are pretty sensitive to her crying, so a few whimpers, a number of back arches and grunts, and we call that a bad trip:) Of course, she had a big time crying spell for about an hour last night that set my record straight on what it means for her to be upset. All in all, she slept ok in Atlanta, and she did pretty well on the plane. We're just dealing w/ the after-affects yesterday and a little bit so far today.....she wouldn't go to sleep on the plane on the way home on Monday, so she didn't get to bed until 9:30ish....which is a good 2 hours later than she's used to....oh well.

Sleepy times....and yay - she took a nap w/ us again (she's gotten a little bit better about this since this trip, and she's still falling asleep on her own - do NOT want to lose that!)
Rachel and I walked to Piedmont Park one of the days. They had a pretty cool kids playground. Check out the different shapes of the swing and sliding boards. I wanted to play on everything....nevermind that Rachel was only big enough for the swings!And, I had to take a picture of this porch....I so wanted to go up there and start sippin some lemonade or sweet tea (even though I really don't like southern sweet tea!).
And this is the happiest Rachel was in her cute little inner tube I got her....on carpeting and fully clothed. She did like swimming w/ me holding her, but she was definitely against floating in the water in anything but my arms.
And here we are at Centennial Park....built in Atlanta after they had the Olympics there. Pretty cool place. First I took pictures of Ben and Rachel standing outside of the shooting water fountains. Sometimes they stopped, and then sometimes they shot up at full speed or half speed,etc, etc. Kids were running in and out of the water and screaming.
Then, Ben took Rachel out of the stroller to check out the water. Guess he thought, "Hey, she likes this!"
B/c there he is w/ my sweet baby girl in the middle of the ring of water....looking pretty proud of his accomplishment:)And I just had to take a picture of her eating....absolutely hilarious when she throws her mouth so wide open to get the food. She is a ham!

2 comments:

Nanna & Pop Pop said...

Great pics! I love the strawberries outfit:-) Can't wait to hold our little charmer!

Anonymous said...

Wow! Glad you had a great time on your little vacation. Happy anniversary, you two.