One of my favorite Martina McBride songs is Blessed. It's one of those songs that I tend to sing along to at the top of my lungs when I'm in the car by myself. It's probably one of the reasons why Rachel likes me to sing to her.....as I sang a lot in the car when I was pregnant with her. But the song brings out so many things that I feel....I feel so blessed. God has blessed me with such a sweet, funny, and God-fearing husband, and now with a beautiful and fun baby girl, as well as family and friends that love us. And most importantly, He has blessed us w/ the gift of His Son.
It's amazing to see how awesome God is....even in the smallest details. Last night, after our evening service, I watched these three 4 and 5 year old girls play excitedly together. For a few moments I found myself overwhelmed with some mixed feelings. On one hand, I was like Oh my, I don't know if I can handle that age! And on the other hand, I was like, wow, this will be fun to do the hair and princess and girlfriend stuff! And then, I realized how kind God is in the way He created us....letting us have babies first and watching them grow slowly.....He lets us ease into the various stages with our children. It's just one of the small ways I marvel at His creation! So, for now, I'm happy to go home with my baby Rachel (who fell asleep on the way home and sweetly transitioned into her crib for the night - yay!).
Here's some pictures from last Tuesday of Rachel and her friend Benjamin. When my friend Ronna and I get together with our kids, we always enjoy Rocklands, which is some seriously good BBQ food (my mouth is watering a little bit right now thinking of the Texas Corn Stuffing, Fried Okra, Beef Ribs, and Mac n' Cheese)! Good food and friends - definitely blessed. 


Getting sleepy?
2 comments:
Amen. Great is the Lord's faithfulness! It is such a blessing to watch our children grow and marvel at God's goodness to us. It's amazing to see all the changes in Rachel, even in the pictures. It delights our hearts that you and Ben are taking time to delight in these moments. It is so very special. We love you three:-) Love, Mom
I love Martina McBride! Hey NJ is jealous that Rachel is hanging out with another dude. Let me know when in July you're available for a playdate!
Post a Comment