Friday, June 22, 2007

Fun Toys

The other night I got this great shape sorter for Rachel. As typical 1st time parents, we're all concerned that she doesn't have enough developmental toys. As Ben and I talk about this, we hear how ridiculous it sounds, but we just can't stop ourselves. Also, who knew how fun it would be to walk through the toy aisles and try out all the toys.....how many musical, ABC, counting toys can you have playing in the toy aisle at one time??? Just ask Ben for that answer:) Of course, he's one of the few that can continue walking on nonchalantly while I wind up looking like the guilty one! Anywho, this great toy I got for Rachel....turns out it has fun for all ages. Check out the picture!

You might find yourself asking what a stopwatch and shape sorter are doing together, well, in the Hamilton household, where everything is a game, the stopwatch is to time Ben or me while we put the shapes in the holder.....while Rachel watches us:) I know, I know, we should receive a parents of the year award or something.....making our 7 mo old sit and watch her parents play with her brand new toy! If it's not seeing who has the fastest time w/ this toy (which Ben did, of course, w/ 4.28 seconds....as shown on the stopwatch), it's tossing her blocks into her big giraffe block holder.....seeing who can get more in a row. Of course, Ben can since my aim isn't so hot (when I throw underhand, I often miss the target completely)....I think he picks these games b/c he knows he can win!

This is probably one of those things that we should have kept just between the two of us, but well, now you know one of our isms:) Trust me, there's many things you can turn into a game or competition:) I'm hoping that when she gets mobile, she'll continue to sit contently and watch her parents play w/ her toys.....probably won't happen since when we got a little excited about the game, she started to get a little upset......hmmm, I think our days of "borrowing" her toys are numbered!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOL you guys are hilarious! I wanna play when we come over next week!

Nanna & Pop Pop said...

Did Rachel get at least a try? I bet she'll be putting the shapes in there soon. How about a pic of our little cutie tring to do it? You two are two much:-) Love, Nanna

grandma & pahpah said...

Why am I NOT surprised?????

Dad