I'm not sure at what point it happened, but I think it was around the 4 month mark when Rachel stopped falling asleep on us or in our arms. If she's exhausted, sometimes she'll fall asleep when I'm carrying her in the Bjorn (facing me). While I like it that she's grown into a little independent sleeper and doesn't need me or Ben to fall asleep, at the same time, there are times when it would be nice if she would fall asleep in my arms again....like on the plane to Atlanta or in church. I mean, she still snuggles into me after taking a nap or when she's getting tired and I give her the pacifier and lovey, but she fights sleep when one of us is holding her. Maybe Ben and I are just too fun for her:) LOL. I do have to be thankful though that she sleeps pretty well no matter where she is. I bring a few props that we have at home, but for the most part (except for 1 night out 3 when we were camping), she sleeps well in whatever space I put her in (pac'n'play, floor of the camper (with blankets and on a cushion-y quilt, of course), her own crib, in the boppy for her naps, etc, etc).
So, here are the sleepy snuggles I miss:
But this is where she's happiest now (she looks so tiny here!):
BTW1 - For those of you who rip on Ben for laying down in my hospital bed, I told him to take the bed while I was up and doing some things.....trying to get exercise after the C-section. Plus, he had slept on a hard pullout chair.....the 6'5" guy needed to stretch out:)
BTW2 - I have to rely on older pics to keep Rachel's Nana happy while we're in Atlanta:). But for me, these are fun to look back at and remember how new and amazing things were (and of course still are) just a little over 6 months ago. And of course, today, it's even crazier to think back to 5 years ago...how excited I was to get married to Ben:) Happy Anniversary sweetie!
1 comment:
Thank you for the pics. 6 months have flown by (and yes the snuggles are sooo nice). Just 5 years ago today we rejoiced as Rachel's mommy and daddy were united in marriage. It was such a special day, and it's hard to believe all this time has past so quickly. How blessed you are to belong to Christ, have each other and your dear little Rachel. Great is the Lord's faithfulness!
Post a Comment